Tuesday 13 March 2012

#17 my favourite illustrators

Every now and again, I begin to feel really uninspired, uncreative and stuck in a rut; but then I look at some of my favourite fashion illustrators and remember why I love fashion.

The first one is obvious and I'm sure a lot of you love his work as well; David Downton. I have adored his work ever since I bought one of the infamous illustrated Marks & Sparks canvas bags with people such as Twiggy, Erin O'Connor and Lily Cole on the front (obviously mine was the Twiggy one). His work is just so elegant, simple and beautiful - I could look at it all day.


  



The second illustrator that really influences me is Garance Doré. The French artist who is currently Scott Schuman's (The Sartorialist's) beau, is an extremely talented woman and creates some beautifully simplistic work. Here are a few of my favourites...





The last one is Loulou Androlia of 'Loulou Loves You'; her illustrations are commissioned by a variety of people and the outcomes are incredible. Her style is more detailed than the other two illustrators and I love the colours she uses. Have a look at the ones I adore.




If, like me, you are feeling uninspired, I would definitely recommend having a look at 'Amelia's Compendium of Fashion Illustration'; it really is a lovely book to get you out of that rut. 

2 comments: